Tuesday, 13 October 2015

Cupcakes birthday card





Hi there,

For the card I’m sharing today I was inspired by Sandy Allnock, I would like to say that this lady inspires me a lot and she is a great teacher. Please visit her website, she is truly amazing.
So I was studying one of her videos called Impressions of HighTea, and I decided to try and make a similar card.



As you can see on the picture I chose cupcakes, and I wanted to make them festive since I’m going to send this card to a friend for her 40th birthday.
For this card I used watercolor pencils which is a medium that I enjoy using.
First I stamped all the cupcakes and when it came to start coloring it I was thinking about the warm colors versus the cold colors and what I had seen from the video tutorial from Sandy Allnock, so the idea came to me to color the cupcake holders with the Norwegian colors, red and blue, and for the background I thought that it would be nice with the orange and yellow colors so it would look like the candles are glowing the surroundings


To finish the card I trimmed the watercolor paper to fit my card and to make it pop I cut 2 more squares from inside it and I used foam squares to make it stand out.
As you can see I decided not to add any sentiment on the card since it’s already so powerful. Instead I will add it in the inside of the card.
 
I had a lot of fun making this card and I hope my friend will enjoy receiving it.

I hope you like this card,
Thank you for visiting
Olga

5 comments:

suzARTe said...

Such a lovely card Olga, very cheerful.
Incase you are interested I run a monthly link-up at www.justkeeponcreating.blogspot.com.au, it would be great to see your creations shared there.

Olga Fink said...

Wow thank you Suzarte 😊 and thank you for inviting me to your blog, I will definitely share my creations there 😊

Olga Fink said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KT Fit Kitty said...

Here I am, Olga! I am your newest follower! You can watch your follower numbers grow now that you have the new button! Your cupcake card is delightful! I love your beautiful colouring! I am a fan of Sandy Allnock's too! She is an inspiration! Have a great day!

Olga Fink said...

Hello Kitty! Thank you so much for coming back and for following me!
I'm so happy that you like this card! I had such a good and relaxing time watercolouring it!
Have a great day!