Tuesday, 17 November 2015

Christmas card #3


Hello everyone,
I would like to welcome my new follower and friend Milly Kohl! Thank you Milly for joining me!
So last week I participated at the challenge over at Beccys place - the blog where she is hosting the November challenge - a month of holiday cards, and I am so happy that I was one of the three winners of the weekly selection! And Beccy is so generous with the prices as we each won our own digital stamp set from her shop. I chose the Snowman set from the Christmas collection.
So of course I was so happy to start playing with these cute characters and for this card I chose the Snowman family from the digital stamp set! I think they are adorable! don't you think so!


 
First I started with the background, I used distress ink on watercolor paper and I tried the "smooshing" technique to create an abstract background with different colors.
While the background was drying I printed the Snowman family onto watercolor paper and then I watercolored them with distress inks.
After they were dry I fussy cut around them and I set them aside so I could do my stamping of the sentiment on the background paper. I used a stamp with a Norwegian sentiment that says "God Jul og Godt Nytt År" wich means "Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year"
I like this stamp because it has all these little snowflakes around the sentiment and I think it fits with the snowmen.
I used black versamark ink and I heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.
My card measures 12cm x 12cm and I cut my background paper at 11,6cm x 11,6cm so that there is a little border around my cream colored card. I then used foam tape to adhere the background onto the card. I also used foam squares to adhere the snowmen on the card. I wanted to have this 3D feeling.

I finished my card by adding the sequins and I used my Wink of Stella clear brush to add sparkle on the snowman's hats and scarves. I used glossy accent on their noses and the buttons of the biggest snowman to give some dimension. And to finish up with everything I added green and white glitter on the snowflakes of the sentiment and on the little snowman's buttons.

I would like to participate on the following challenges:
Just Keep on Creating - November challenge
Beccys Place - A month of Holiday cards
Crafting by Designs - Anything goes November edition
Digi stamps 4 joy - Challenge #118 anything goes

I really enjoyed making this card and I hope you like it!
Thank you for visiting,
Olga



14 comments:

Beccy said...

You created an awesome background for your card Olga, it's colourful and fun and perfect for Christmastime. You did a great job fussy cutting around the snowman family too. Love it!
Cheers,
Beccy

suzARTe said...

I absolutely love the background you have created on this card and the snowman images look great against the background. Such lovely details in this card. Thanks so much for sharing your card at Anything goes November link-up, Just keep on creating
Susan xx

I also want to thank you Olga for your regular visits to my personal blog and your lovely comments, your encouraging words mean a lot to me :)

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful card Olga
Thanks for join us at
{Digistamps4Joy DT Member}
Hope to see you again and goodluck

Karin

MaryH said...

Hi Olga, just found you via Maxine's shoutout welcome link, and happy to get to know a new blogging friend. I just became your newest follower, and hope you'll find time to visit me when you can. I LOVE your smooshed background. It looks splendid with the delightful Snowmen set. (and congrats on your win. You made a super choice of designs!). Love the way you've done the sentiment too. Good luck with your new blog. TFS & have a great week. Hugs

Olga Fink said...

Thank you Susan! I'm so happy you like it! I'm always inspired with all you create!

Olga Fink said...

Thank you so much Beccy! I'm very happy that you like it!

Olga Fink said...

Karin thank you!

Olga Fink said...

Thank you Mary for your kind words! It's so nice to make new friends!

Darnell J Knauss said...

Your snowman family is so great, Olga, and so colorful! It's a pleasure to meet you and welcome you to Blogland! I'm happy to be your newest follower and I'd love to have you follow me, too, if you like! I came over from Mary H! Hugs, Darnell

Olga Fink said...

Thank you so much Darnell! It's so nice to make new friends! and crafter friends are the best!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hello, Olga! I am happy to see your followers growing since I was here last - I knew it would not take long! Congratulations on your win over at Beccy's Place - her images are so cute! I love the one you chose! Your colouring is beautiful and I love your smooshed background too! Such a fun technique and I should try it again! I also love how your elements are popped up - gorgeous card! I hope you have a great weekend!

Maxine D said...

This is stunning Olga - love your background - it is really unique and VERY effective!!
Blessings
Maxine

Olga Fink said...

Thank you Kitty! I'm happy that you like it! Have a great week and a great month!

Olga Fink said...

Thank you so much Maxine!