Saturday, 23 January 2016

Angel boy Christmas card

Hello everyone,
I have a Christmas card today (yes already! LOL what can I say I love them!) using a digital stamp from Bugaboo stamps and the image is a freebie called angel boy sitter. I love the digi stamps from this company and you should visit them, they are great!





I have started early with my Christmas cards because I want to participate at the weekly challenge on Karin van Eijk's Facebook group called "Only Christmas cards - projects" and there are some great prizes to win if you make one card per week until December 11th.
Plus that I will have all the cards I need without the stress of the last minute! so it's a win - win situation!
So I printed my image on watercolor paper and used my distress inks for the background and Inktense pencils for the coloring of the image.
When I was preparing my layout for the little angel boy I added a rectangle shape around him with a thick black border and I place my image so that it seems that he is sitting outside the frame.
I matted a Christmas themed pattern paper with black card stock  and I cut around the "window"and fussy cut around the legs of the little angel boy to make the illusion that he is sitting outside the frame. I used foam squares to add him on the card.
The sentiment translates from Norwegian to "Merry Christmas" and I used gold stickles glitter on the glory on his head and clear glitter stickles on the wings.
I added glossy accent on the little heart on his shirt and I used my gold gel pen to add dots across the card.
So there is my card for today.
I really enjoyed making it and I hope you like it!
Thank you for visiting,
xoxo Olga

 I would like to participate on the following challenges:
catch the bug blog 
crafting from the heart challenge blog 
12 months of christmas link up challenge 
crafty hazelnuts christmas challenge 2 
beccys place - january-challenge 
inspiration destination challenge blog 


9 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

super cute and beautiful card Olga
Gr Karin

applejack cards by sue said...

This is gorgeous. Thank you for sharing this with us over at Crafting from the Heart. Sue DT. xx

sgc said...

This is one of my favorite images--and your card is wonderful with it! Thanks for playing in Bugaboo's challenge.

KT Fit Kitty said...

Good for you, Olga! I enjoy making Christmas cards all year long too! This is very cute! I like your colouring!

Maxine D said...

What a gorgeous card Olga, love the touches of gold and how you have the angel sitting 'out of the square'. Good on you for starting early on your Christmas cards.
Blessings
Maxine

Beccy said...

Awwww, this is really cute Olga, I love how the little boy is "sitting" on the edge of the frame with his legs dangling over the side. So sweet! Great colouring too.
Cheers,
Beccy

Jen Leeflang said...

Your card is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sweet! Thanks for joining us for our photo inspiration challenge over at Bugaboo Stamps this week. Good luck in the draw, and please join us again soon!
Love
Jen Leeflang
BUGABOO STAMPS DT

Helen said...

Great card - thanks for joining us at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra.

Helen x

Helen said...

Me again!

Thanks for joining us at the 12 Months of Christmas Link Up too.

Helen N x