Saturday, 23 January 2016

CAS card - no image

Hello everyone!
I have one more card today as I decided to participate at the challenge over at Make it Crafty, and this month it's Clean & Simple challenge -no images. So I decided to go with the digital sentiment You're my lucky charm.

I printed the sentiment on watercolor paper and with my versafine clear pen I went over the letters then I embossed it with clear embossing powder so that it can resist to the water coloring.
I was thinking for a while what kind of background could I make so that it can be interesting and still be clean and simple and I remembered a technique that I saw in a video from Amy Tangerine.
I love her blog and you should definitely visit her, so many interesting things you learn from her!

So what I did is that I used a big brush, I put some watercolor close to the letters and with a straw (that I cut in half) I blew on the paint and it was very fun to see the paint travel the way you see on the picture. I continued with three more colors and there you have the end result.
I added some purple flower sequins on the top of the card and some blue star sequins on the bottom part.
So there is my second card for today.
I really had fun making it and I hope you like it!
Thank you for visiting,
xoxo Olga

I would like to participate on the following challenges:
make it crafty-store-blog-cas-challenge-no-images 
beccys place-january-challenge 
crafting from the heart challenge blog  
inspiration destination challenge blog 


8 comments:

Gaby Dierx said...

Great colouring!!!
Hugsss, Gaby

Maxine D said...

WOW - this is stunning Olga, and I love that you clear embossed over the letters to 'waterproof' them.
Blessings
Maxine

Bianca van Tilburg. said...

Wow.......Beautiful Olga.
Lovely colors, lovely text........
Hugs Bianca.

KarinsArtScrap said...

fantastic and great colours Olga
Gr Karin

Beccy said...

Fabulous card Olga, what an awesome background! I love the watercolour technique you used and the way you embossed the sentiment before adding the colour. Great job!
Cheers,
Beccy

Egghead Creations said...

This is awesome! I just love the background. Very nice.

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

I love that colourful splat! What a gorgeous card. Thank you so much for playing with us at Make it Clean and Simple. Good Luck. xx

Zoe said...

what a brilliant card! Love the embossing idea over the sentiment and the colourful splat is fabulous! Thanks so much for joining the 'no images' challenge with us this month. hugs, Zoe xoxo