Tuesday, 26 July 2016

Happy Birthday Mia! Design Team card


Hello everyone!

I am on the Sasayaki Glitter challenge blog today to showcase this super cute image called Happy Birthday Mia.


You can find many more images on the Sasayaki Glitter Store.

Two things about this card that I would like to stress,

When I saw this image I immediately thought of my friend Chrissa. She usually makes these delicious muffins. And I thought it was perfect for her Birthday!

And also the fact that there is this trend that is going around on Instagram lately and it consists on using the colors of watermelon on images. I haven't fully done this here but you can see that I was inspired by this new trend!



 I printed my image on Neenah solar white card stock, colored her with my alcohol markers and used my white signo gel pen to add some accents and the dots on her dress. I then fussy cut her.


I used a white card base and sponged it with "seedless preserves" distress ink and used some water splashes to create this effect.
For the green strip I used "mowed lawn" distress ink, texture paste from Ranger and a stencil.
After it was dry I sponged some more of the "mowed lawn" and did some splattering here as well.


I used some purple glittery washi tape on the sides of the green strip.
I created my sentiment by stamping it with Versamark clear ink and heat embossed it with white embossing powder on some black card stock.
And to finish my card I adhered the sentiment and the image with foam tape and used glossy accents on the balloon and the cherry of the cupcake.


So there is my card for today!
I had a lot of fun creating it and I hope you like it!
Thank you for visiting,
xoxo Olga

We also have a Facebook group where you can join us and get some inspiration or just hang out in a fun community!
And you can always visit us on our Sasayaki Glitter Inspiration Pinterest page.
  
I would like to participate to the following challenges:



16 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

sweet and gorgeous Olga and a fab image
Gr Karin

crafty-stamper said...

I love the cute image and beautifully coloured too-fabulous backgrounds you created and great texture
Carol x

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Olga, such a pretty image and great design.
Pauline
x

Gaby Dierx said...

A sweet girl!!!
Hugsss, Gaby

Lois Wyche said...

Beautiful card!

KT Fit Kitty said...

When I saw this on fb, I immediately saw watermelon so you definitely achieved the look! I'm not on Instagram so I appreciate you letting us know what the trends are! I'll have to get with it! I LOVE, love what you've done here - the background looks amazing, gorgeous stencilling, and the girl is coloured so beautifully! You are very talented, Olga, and I love your cards!

Maxine D said...

Olga this is so beautiful - love the colours and how you have added interest to the background with the splatters and stenciled and coloured texture paste.
Blessings
Maxine

Sheena Mckee said...

Beautiful,love the colours and the gloss on the balloon,thank you for joining in with us at world wide open and good luck

Bad Kitty said...

very nice card!

Sandy Palmer said...

Such a darling card! Love your coloring, and wonderful design! Thanks for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends! :)

Cara Malmrose said...

Great cards... I love the background you created too. Perfect set up for that cute image. Thanks for sharing!
(ugs) Cara

Joyce said...

This is really sweet and so perfectly colored.

Patricia Alvarez said...

Very sweet card. I love your coloring and the texture. Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Passion. Good luck!!! Patricia

Angela B said...

She is darling! Thank you so much for entering the Anything Goes challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Happy crafting,
AngelaTTCRD DT
Taste Of Craftiness {My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

Caz s said...

What a gorgeous make...Thank you for sharing with us at World Wide Open...And good luck..Hope to see you again soon..

Caz x
[Caz DT for World Wide Open DT Challenge]
My Blog

Annette Stapylton said...

Another beautiful project.

Thank you for sharing with us here today at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT Registered Owners/Admin for World Wide Open Design Team Challenge