Saturday, 18 February 2017

Birthday card using Altenew flower stamps

 

Hello Everyone,

Today I have a Birthday card that I created for my mother in law, she has received it so I can share it.
For this card I have used the Altenew Christmas Rose Stamp & Die collection.
This set was a free gift on the Issue 157 of Simply Cards & Papercraft magazine.



 I die cut 2 times the flower and many times the 2 different size leaves from Tim Holtz Distress watercolor paper and I stamped the outline of the flower and leaves on the die cuts with Versafine Onyx Black ink.
I stamped the coordinating centres of the flowers with Picked raspberry distress ink and the leaves with Mowed lawn distress ink. I also diluted quite much the Picked raspberry to color the flowers and did the same with the leaves using diluted Mowed lawn.
To create the panel behind the vellum I used Neenah solar white card stock, a Tim Holtz stencil called Lattice work and sponged with Picked Raspberry distress ink.
On the vellum I printed the sentiment that says Happy Birthday in Norwegian in Yellow ink and after it was printed I covered it with Gold embossing powder from Ranger and heat set it.
I then adhered the vellum on the panel by folding the sides behind it and using scotch tape to hold it in place.
I also used watercolor paper for my die cuts that are from Spellbinders Perfect Petals.
I adhered the flowers and petals with foam tape to create some dimension and added pearls to finish off my card.



 So there is my card for today,
It was such a pleasure creating it for my mother in law's birthday
and I hope you like it.
Thank you for visiting,
xoxo Olga

I would like to participate to the following challenges:




17 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow so very beautiful and elegant Olga

gr karin

Fiki said...

this is very pretty card!
hugs
My blog : Fiki
My little store: Crafty Kitty Cat Shop
≽ܫ≼

MiamiKel said...

Olga, this is gorgeous! I love the color and dimension you've created on the flowers! ♥

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous Olga beautiful colour's love the die you have used
Dianne xx :)

Kim Heggins said...

Gorgeous card....those flowers are so beautiful and I love the white lacy corners, so elegant!

lyn hitchcock said...

Beautiful card thank you for sharing with us at The Crafty Addicts - good luck
Lyn - DT

Meihsia Liu said...

Love your fabulous card. The flowers are so gorgeous! Thank you such for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

lostinpaper said...

This is so so pretty Olga, love that you have surrounded the flowers with the leaves!

Cara Malmrose said...

Gorgeous Olga! I bet your Mother-in-Law was delighted when she saw this! I love the look of watercolors ... my favorite! Thanks for sharing!

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous card Olga thank you for joining us over on
Inspiration Destination
Dianne xx
IDCB DT

Cobnut Crafter said...


Such a very pretty card Olga! I love the range of pinks you have chosen - it all works so well together. Anne x

Karen D. said...

how pretty..love the white dots you added to the flower centers, it just brings them to life!
Karen

Tracy Freeman said...

So beautiful, gorgeous colours and love the dots you have added really makes the flowers pop.
Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog x

Farida Rone said...

Wonderful creation.
Thanks for playing with us at TTCRD.
Hugs!
Farida

Eek Eek said...

Love the magical pearl placement to finish it off. As always I am in awe of your skill at doing that!! :)


Annabel - Knitty Kitty Digis

Loikkeliini said...

Just incredibly beautiful and peaceful card!This is just stunning I can´t say anything else.Thank you for sharing your beautiful card at Brown Sugar Challenge. Hugs, Camilla (DT)

Grandma Bonnie said...

Wow, this is beautiful, Olga!