Friday, 24 February 2017

Calla and Rose Birthday card

 
 Hello Everyone,
Today's card I created for my parents to give to my parents in law for their birthday, they both have their birthday in February so we usually celebrate them together,
they have received it so I can share it now.
I have used this gorgeous image from Aurora Wings called Calla and Rose.

 
For the Image:
Printer CANON MG3550
 Printed the image 2 times on watercolor paper, thickness 160mg/m2 (this is the maximum thickness I can use for watercolor paper)
For the image on the inside, I changed the color to gold, added the sentiment on top in gold as well and just after it was printed I covered it in Gold embossing powder from Ranger and heat set it.
I then sponged the flowers with Distress Ink in Rusty Hinge color.


For the image on the front of the card, just after it was printed I covered it with Clear embossing powder from Ranger and heat set it. I then watercolored it with Distress Inks,
the colors I used are Scattered straw, Mustard seed, Spiced marmalade, Victorian velvet, Picked raspberry, Seedless preserves, Shaded lilac, Evergreen bough, Mowed Lawn, Salty Ocean.
White acrylic paint for the splatters.
Die used for the borders from Simon Says Stamp Scallop Stiches Border dies.
Sentiment from my stash heat embossed in white.
Sequins are from Søstrene Grene.


I had so much fun creating this card and I hope you like it!
Thank you so much for visiting,
xoxo Olga

I would like to participate to the following challenges:
Aurora Wings challenge
Simon Says Stamp blog - Wednesday challenge
Alphabet challenge blog -Y for you choose
Crafting by Designs 

15 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's gorgeous Olga and fab colours
Gr Karin

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous and beautiful card Olga wonderful colour's
Dianne xx :)

Jackie Trinder said...

Hi this is a stunning card it is just so pretty. Thank you for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog challenge Y for You Choose. Hugs Jackie (DT)

KT Fit Kitty said...

This is beautiful, Olga! Love your gorgeous colouring! I also like your photography/staging - very professional!

Fiki said...

this is stunning card Olga!
love it!
hugs , Fiki
My Little Shop-Crafty Kitty Cat Shop
≽ܫ≼

Grandma Bonnie said...

Olga, a very lovely card! Thank you for sharing your technique!

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh, Olga! this is exquisite! Love your gorgeous water coloring. Such beautiful shades and the splatters are so artsy! Fabulous idea to use the image again like you did on the inside, too. Totally amazing both inside and out. Thanks so much for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning and beautiful card xx[aNNie]

Eek Eek said...

This works soooo well, I've not tried acrylic white sploshing (official term? lol) but I really like it :) This is superb. :)

Annabel - Knitty Kitty Digis

Cobnut Crafter said...

A gorgeous card Olga - love the stitched border die that you have used.
Anne x

Lois Wyche said...

So beautiful!!!

cotnob said...

A stunning card Olga, such a beautiful image and lovely colours.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Teresa Kline said...

hello olga! super pretty card, luv your fabulous background and coloring!
I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Mitzi Sato-Wiuff said...

Beautiful work of art, Olga! Stunning coloring with watercolor, gorgeous design inside and out, and I have to mention that I LOVE the way you take care to set your photo shoot. Lovely pics! Thank you for joining our ATG challenge at Aurora Wings. Mitzi xx

Laila aka Koneko said...

this card is so gorgeous! It looks amazing, and your colouring creates such a lush texture to the flowers - absolutely stunning!
thank you for joinig Aurora Wings this forthnight :)
Laila - DT.